Sports Business Radio is an award-winning multimedia brand that includes a nationally syndicated radio show on the Sports Byline Broadcast network, a Sports Business Executive Speaker Series featuring a key decision maker from the world of sports before a live audience, our official website, a blog, social media pages (Facebook and Twitter) and a popular podcast distributed on iTunes.
Launched in 2004, Sports Business Radio focuses on the issues and people directly impacting the world of sports business. Guests on the show offering an insider's perspective include pro sports league executives, agents, college athletics administrators, sports apparel company reps, ad agency executives, media executives, coaches and athletes. Portland is a natural point of origin for Sports Business Radio with companies such as Nike, adidas, Wieden & Kennedy and the Warsaw School of Sports Marketing all based in the Pacific Northwest.
Host Brian Berger is a former front office executive for the NBA's Portland Trail Blazers. Berger owns a PR consulting firm and handles projects for marquee sports corporations and athletes. Through that work, Berger has compiled a large network of contacts throughout the world of sports.
Berger was behind the mic as a radio broadcaster for the memorable Loyola Marymount University men's basketball team that made an emotional run through the 1990 NCAA Tournament following the tragic death of star Hank Gathers. LMU made it all the way to the Great Eight of the NCAA Tournament and Berger was there to describe the action.
Big-name guests who have gone one-on-one on Sports Business Radio with Brian Berger include NBA Commissioner David Stern, golf icon Jack Nicklaus, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, Portland Trail Blazers and Seattle Seahawks owner Paul Allen, Los Angeles Dodgers owner Frank McCourt, Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert, BCS Executive Director Bill Hancock, golf agent Mark Steinberg, Seattle Seahawks Executive VP and head coach Pete Carroll, New Orleans Saints GM Mickey Loomis, Indianapolis Colts President Bill Polian, Washington Capitals & Washington Wizards owner Ted Leonsis, MLS Commissioner Don Garber, Miami Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra, Phoenix Suns star Steve Nash, Nike Golf President Cindy Davis, boxing promoter Oscar De La Hoya and tennis legend John McEnroe.
When you partner with the Sports Business Radio, you are getting access to the many sports professionals, business executives, college students and sports enthusiasts from around the world who listen to our radio show, our popular podcast and attend our live events.
Media sponsorship packages are available that include:
- Title sponsorship of the weekly nationally syndicated radio show/podcast and audio archives
- Title sponsorship for our Sports Executive Speaker Series featuring a key decision maker from the sports world
- Segment sponsorships - weekly headlines segment, Sports Cents (interview with our featured guest), Technology Lab (technology breakthrough), Caught in the Crosslights (person or company from the sports world facing a PR crisis)
- Banner ads on sportsbusinessradio.com
- We can put your product in front of our big-name guests
- Access to social media associated with Sports Business Radio
- Personal appearances/Speaking engagements by Sports Business Radio host Brian Berger
- Specialized podcasts
- Dedicated blog posts
- Contests and give-aways
Sports Business Radio host Brian Berger is a popular and enthusiastic public speaker, who engages live audiences with humor, intelligence and valuable information about today's sports world via an interactive presentation.
His topics include, but are not limited to:
* Strategic and Crisis PR
* Staying on top of developing sports trends
* Finding a job in the sports world
* Inner-workings of a pro sports team front office or college athletic department
* Marketing your brand
* Engaging your team/athletes/brand in the community
All speaking engagements include travel and hotel arrangements and a fee.
To learn more about how to become a partner with Sports Business Radio, email firstname.lastname@example.org.